Gut Health Program
Besides chiropractic adjustments, gut health is one of the most important things we focus on at Lab of Life. The health of our gut (stomach, small and large intestines) affects the health of the rest of our body. When we put the right fuel into our body, we will have optimal health. Just like a car that requires gas, if we put diesel in, the car will not work. If we put the wrong foods into our engine, our body cannot function properly and we will not feel our best.
Our gut bacteria are what aids in digesting our food, keeping our system healthy, and building our immune system. If we have the wrong gut microbes, our digestion will not be as effective as it should be and we will get sick easily. Having the right types of stomach flora are important for maintaining a healthy immune response, keeping our weight in check, and having a healthy brain.
Did you know that your gut bacteria determines how your brain functions?
Our gut is often referred to as our second brain. Our anxiety level, depression, skin health, being overweight and poor brain functioning are all a reflection of the health of our gut.
Do you experience any of these symptoms?
fog / memoryissues
Acid reflux / indigestion
Trouble digesting after meals / feeling overly full
Acne, eczema, psoriasis, rashes
Difficulty losing weight or keeping weight off
Night time stomach aches
Constipation / diarrhea
gas / burping
There are several reasons that gut bacteria can become imbalanced
The biggest offender to our stomach flora is antibiotics. Sure antibiotics are beneficial in some serious incidences of infections and illness. The fact is that they are grossly overprescribed. According to the CDC, in the antibiotics prescriptions is unnecessary (CDC). Several issues arise from over-prescribing of antibiotics.
First, they can kill our good gut microbes which allow the bad bacteria to take over our digestive system. Second, resistance to antibiotics can develop and when they are actually needed, they are no longer as effective as they should be. There is also a small risk of damage to the heart, muscles, tendons and the possibility of skin rashes.
What you can expect from our gut health program
Our comprehensive care plans include a gut health rehabilitation program along with chiropractic adjustments. Every individual body is unique and diets will differ from person to person. This is why we work closely with each patient to develop a gut health diet that meets their specific needs.
Gut Cleanse Protocol
1. Our nutritionist will examine you and gather information about any health issues and symptoms that you are having.
2. A stool sample may be ordered to find out if there are parasites, worms, bacteria and/or yeast present in the gut.
3. You will be tested using applied kinesiology by a chiropractic doctor to find out which organs are affected and need support through your detoxification process.
4. A gut healing diet plan will be formulated specifically for you and easy to follow instructions will be provided.
5. A parasite
6. Supplements will be recommended to support your body through the healing process.
7. Once the gut rehab program is complete, you will feel more energetic, you will lose excess weight, digestion will improve, your mind will be more clear and adjustments will stay in place longer.